Bibury Capelet e-pattern
A beautiful capelet pattern with an English flare. This capelet pattern is full of originality from the gathered Peter Pan collar to the shirred bodice. All of which adds to the uniqueness of the Bibury Capelet.
The Bibury Capelet sewing pattern is a pdf pattern. After purchase, the pattern link will be emailed to you. The e-pattern comes with complete instructions, illustrations, shirring instructions, and full size pattern pieces. There is no need to enlarge any of the pattern pieces. It's all there, ready to be made as soon as you print the pattern!
The Bibury Capelet pattern can be made in 3 sizes: small (sizes 2 - 6), medium (sizes 8 - 12), and large (sizes 14 - 18). Click on last picture to enlarge fabric requirements.
Materials needed are...
- Capelet fabric* (Small - 2 yards) (Medium - 2 1/4 yards) (Large 2 1/4 yards)
- Lining fabric* (Small - 2 yards) (Medium - 2 1/4 yards) (Large 2 1/4 yards)
- 1/4 yard of fusible interfacing
- Elastic thread. Dark for dark fabric and light for light fabric.
- 4 sets of hooks and eyes. Preferably size 3.
- 1 sew on snap. Preferably size 4.
- Buttons. The size of the buttons and how many is up to you, because the buttons are purely aesthetic. The hooks & eyes are used for "buttoning up" the capelet.
- Non-permanent fabric marker for marking shirr lines.
- Pins & Scissors.
* Recommended capelet fabrics include light & medium weight cotton, corduroy, light & medium decor weight, flannel, and other light to medium weight woven fabrics. Lining fabric should be a light weight woven fabric.